This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

City of Niederstetten (Germany)

Stadt Niederstetten, Main-Tauber-Kreis, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: niederstetten | castle | flag | pales(3) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Niederstetten city banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 31 May 2013
approved 17 April 1967 See also:

City of Niederstetten

Niederstetten City Banner

Description of banner:
It is a red - white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database
Klaus-Michael Schneider,, 29 May 2013

Niederstetten Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a blue shield is a silver (= white) castle, masoned black with silver (= white) windows. The castle consists of an embattled wall, topped by two towers with red, triangular roofs. Between the towers is a black pole with a red over white horizontal bicolour. The gate of the castle is silver (= white) and divided by three red pales.
Niederstetten gained city rights in 1340 from Emperor Ludwig the Bavarian, a favour to the Margraves of Brandenburg, then a branch line of the Wittelsbach kin. Since 1347 the city was ruled by varying lines of the Hohenlohe kin, first as vassals of the Bishops of Würzburg, since 1406 under self-rule. The oldest seals probably date from before 1632 and already show a composition of a walled city with an inescutcheon in the open gate, displaying the arms of the Lords of Rosenberg - five times divided per pale into red and silver, vassals of the city for the Bishops of Würzburg. The colours of the flag between the towers are those of Hohenlohe. According to Hartemink the current pattern of the coat of arms is in use since 1957.
Source: Stadler 1971, p.79

Banner and coat of arms were approved on 17 April 1967 by minister of interior of Baden-Württemberg, published in GABl 350/1967.
Klaus-Michael Schneider,, 29 May 2013

back to Main-Tauber cities and municipalities click here