Last modified: 2016-10-01 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: saalfeld-rudolstadt county | quartered | crancelin | eagle(black) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Stefan Schwoon
Flag adopted 8 February 1995, coat-of-arms adopted 16 January 1995
Green-yellow with the arms. The first and the fourth quarters contain the arms of the principality of Schwarzburg.
Sources: flag from Ulle 2000, arms from the Thuringia official website.
Stefan Schwoon, 16 March 2001
Flag adopted 8 February 1995, according to Dirk Schönberger's Administrative Divisions of the World website. From 's Ralf Hartemink's webpage :
The arms were granted on 16 January 1995. Saalfeld was an important city and from 1680-1745 the capital of the Duchy of Saxony-Saalfeld. This is symbolised by the arms of Saxony in the second and third quarter. The other two quarters show the arms of the Princes of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt.
Source: Linder and Olzog 1996.
back to index of Thuringia county-free cities and counties page click here