Last modified: 2019-08-06 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: pfaffenhofen county | lozengy(white-blue) | hop(branch) | cross(double) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The coat of arms was approved on 18 April 1963 and confirmed on 4 July 1974. The arms show in the sinister half a branch of hop, as cultivation of hop is of great importance for the production of beer in the county. The dexter half combines the lozenges of the Wittelsbach kin (and Bavaria) with a symbol for the Benedictine monastery at Scheyern. In the early 12th century the Wittelsbachs were Counts of Scheyern and changed their ancestral castle into a monastery in 1118.
Source: Stadler 1964, p.73
Santiago Dotor, 12 July 2003
back to Bavarian District, County and Municipal Flags Index page click here