Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: bad camberg | watch tower | lion(yellow) | lion(guardant) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
It is a red-yellow vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top. Before since 1907 the city "colours" had been red and white.
Gießen District , state Hesse
banner approval unknown
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
It is a red-white vertical bicolour.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 10 June 2017
Shield Gules, an embattled watch tower Argent, masoned Sable, with port Or and roof Azure, the latter crowned by a golden ball, in tower a rectangle Gules charged with two lions passant guardant Or armed Azure and set in pale.
All seals of the city, the oldest dating from the 14th century, show a watch-tower. Although shape and size of the tower changed through the centuries. The two lions are the lions of the Counts of Diez, who owned the city in the 13th century. Camberg gained city rights in 1281 and 1365. The title "Bad" (= spa) was added in 1981.
The arms were officially approved in 1907.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.26
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Apr 2017
back to Limburg-Weilburg Cities and Municipalities Page click here