Last modified: 2019-07-30 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: heilbronn county | eagle(white) | eagle(clawless) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
White-red with the arms.
Source: Falko Schmidt, arms from Stadler 1964, p.44.
Stefan Schwoon, 20 Mar 2001
Adopted 6 June 1988, according to Dirk Schönberger's Administrative Divisions of the World website.
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on 20 June 1955, and confirmed on 3 September 1973. The clawless eagle was the arms of the Counts of Lauffen, who ruled the area until the beginning of the 13th century. As the city of Heilbronn also uses an eagle, it was chosen as a representative symbol. The arms replaced arms used by the country since 1928. These arms showed a wheat-ear, hammer and some grapes around an inescutcheon with an anchor. These arms represented the different industries in the district, agriculture, mining, viniculture and the harbour at the Neckar.
Literature: Stadler 1964 p.44.
back to Baden-Württemberg counties and municipalities click here