Last modified: 2013-12-09 by german editorial team
Keywords: landkreis schwabmünchen | schwabmünchen county | square (white) | coat of arms: chief (lozengy) | coat of arms: per pale (cross: red) | coat of arms: per pale (fleur-de-lys: yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 11th October 1957, abolished 30th June 1972
Red-yellow with arms at the 'head', adopted 11.10.1957. Became a part of Augsburg county during the 1972 municipal reform. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 28 August 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on October 11, 1957.
The chief is the arms of Bavaria and symbolises the fact that the Schwabegg estate was the first part of the county to become part of Bavaria in 1269. The cross is the cross of St. Ulrich. In the battle of the Lechfeld in 955 Ulrich, bishop of Augsburg, defeated the Hungarian invaders. The colours are the colours of the State of Augsburg. The fleur-de-lis is taken from the famous Fugger family, who originated from the village of Graben in the district.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 31 July 2003