Last modified: 2012-03-31 by german editorial team
Keywords: landkreis starnberg | starnberg county | coat of arms (lozengy) | coat of arms (lion: passant) | coat of arms (lion: yellow) | coat of arms (eagle: yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 17th March 1960, confirmed 24th October 1972
White with the arms, used without grant. Only minor changes were made to the territory of the county under the 1972 municipal reform, so use of the flag continues, still without grant. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 11 July 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on March 17, 1960 and confirmed on October 24, 1972.
The arms are a combination of the lozenges of Bavaria and the lion and eagle taken from the arms of the Counts of Andechs-Meranien. Until 1248 the area was ruled by the latter, and since it has been part of Bavaria.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971.
Santiago Dotor, 17 June 2003