This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Ochsenhausen City (Germany)

Stadt Ochsenhausen, Landkreis Biberach, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2018-09-24 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: ochsenhausen | church | ox |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Ochsenhausen city banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 22 Sep 2018 See also:

Ochsenhausen City

Ochsenhausen Banner

It is a blue-white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 22 Sep 2018

Ochsenhausen Coat of Arms

Shield Azure with base Vert, on base a church Argent with roof Gules, at sinister the western fašade Argent with open port Sable, topped by a crosslet Sable and flanked by two towers Argent with roofs Gules, a sinister facing demi-ox passant Gules, coming out from the port.
Meaning:
The market town of Ochsenhausen belonged to the St. Blasien Abbey until 1803 and thus had no proper seals or arms. The first seal from 1820 and was based on the medieval seal of the local church, showing a red church and a canting black ox. The pattern remained but the tinctures were changed in 1950, when Ochsenhausen gained the rank of a city.
Source: Stadler 1971, p.82
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 22 Sep 2018

Banner and arms were approved in 1950.
Source: Stadler 1971, p.82
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 22 Sep 2018


back to Biberach cities and municipalities click here