This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Přerov okres, Olomouc region
Last modified: 2018-05-25 by kryštof huk
Keywords: celechovice |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
by Jarig Bakker, 15 Nov 2003
adopted 13 Nov 2002
Čelechovice municipality flag
Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2002);
Čelechovice, Přerov district, Olomouc region - adopted 13 Nov 2002 - it's
a lily, not a tulip from Amsterdam.
The municipality of Čelechovice spreads out over mildly undulating
loess uplands on the border of the Haná region and the last projections
of the Oderské vrchy heights between Přerov and Olomouc. The village is
in the form of an estate and is at a level of 240 m above sea level. The
entire area is 217 hectares.
The first written mention is from the year 1190, when Čelechovice was
in the tenancy of the Olomouc chapter. The title is taken from the family
name Čelech, with the suffix -ovice. Until 1960 the community was part
of the county of Olomouc and since 1961 has been in the county of Přerov.
Until 1979 it had its own local authority. In 1980 it was incorporated
into the common administration in Kokory. After the communal elections
in 1990 it again became an independent community.
Information from this
Jarig Bakker, 15 Nov 2003