This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Colombia - Education Institutes Flags (A) - Part 3

Last modified: 2018-11-18 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:

Other Institutions:


Alejandrino Restrepo, Institución Educativa Colegio Cooperativo

image by Ivan Sache, 19 September 2014

Flag of Colegio Cooperativo 'Alejandrino Restrepo' is based on <www.multired.com>.
Dov Gutterman, 3 June 2001

Colegio Cooperativo 'Alejandrino Restrepo' is located in the municipality of Ciudad Bolívar, in Colombia. The flag of the college is horizontally divided orange-green. Proportion cannot be infered from the waving image shown on the website. 2:3 used by default.
Ivan Sache, 3 June 2001

The flag of the institute is prescribed in Article 12 of the institute's Etiquette Guidebook, as horizontally divided yellow-forest green. The colours represent the resources and fertility of the soil.
Source: http://colegiocooperativoar.edu.co/index.php/quienes-somos/manual
Ivan Sache, 19 September 2014


Alemán, Colegio (Medellín) (Deutsche Schule Medellín)

image by Ivan Sache, 19 September 2014

The "Colegio Alemán" (Deutsche Schule Medellín) (German School) was established in Medellín in 1968 by private initiative of a group of German and Colombian parents headed by Horst Müller. Today, its full name is Corporación Colegio Alemán Medellín and it started classes in 1969.
Source: http://www.colegioalemanmedellin.edu.co/index.php/quienes-somos/nuestra-historia

Their flag is the logo (http://m.bogota.diplo.de/contentblob/4021956/Inhaltsbild/3610788/Logo_DS_Medelln.jpg) over a white horizontal flag, and below the logos of DAS (Deutsche Auslandsschule, which is part of Zfa (Zentralstelle für das Auslandsschulwesen) (official website: http://www.bva.bund.de/DE/Organisation/Abteilungen/Abteilung_ZfA/zfa_node.html) and IB (International Baccalaureate), as seen here (first flag from left to right): http://www.colegioalemanmedellin.edu.co/images/Schuleinfahrt.jpg (source: http://www.colegioalemanmedellin.edu.co/index.php/quienes-somos/nuestra-historia).

There are two other Deutsche Schule institutions in the country:
- Colegio Andino (Andean School), also known as Deutsche Schule Bogotá (official website: http://www.colegioandino.edu.co/)
- Colegio Alemán de Barranquilla (Barranquilla German School), also known as Deutsche Schule (Barranquilla) (official website:
http://web4.colegioaleman.edu.co/)

For additional information go to Colegio Alemán Medellín (official website): http://www.colegioalemanmedellin.edu.co/
Esteban Rivera, 10 March 2017

Classes started in 1969 with 22 students in a small house located in the El Poblado borough. The school was transferred in 1972 to its present-day's site, a 78,000 sq. m plot offered by Benedikta Zur Nieden de Echavarría, the true founder of the school
http://historiacolegioalemanmedellin.blogspot.fr
The flag of the institute is white with four emblems:
- in the middle, the institute's emblem, made of a black German eagle placed on a white disk inscribed with the institute's name and location, the whole framed in a black octagon:
- in the lower left corner, a four-coloured paper windmill;
- in the lower center, the logo of DAS, made of a bridge in the German colours;
- in the lower right corner, the IB World school logo, made of the IB primary logo surrounded by a ring inscribed "WORLD SCHOOL - ECOLE DU MONDE - COLEGIO DEL MUNDO". The institute was granted the title of "Colegio del Mundo" in November 2008.
Ivan Sache, 14 March 2108


Alfonso Jaramillo Gutiérrez, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 24 July 2014

Colegio Alfonso Jaramillo Gutiérrez was established in the Boston borough, part of the municipality of Pereira (Risaralda Department) by Agreement No. 10 of 28 December 1966. The institute is named for Alfonso Jaramillo Gutiérrez (1870-1951), benefactor of Pereira. Jaramillo pushed the establishment of public services , such as electricity and water supply, and of the Market Square.

The flag of the institute is diagonally divided white-green per bend sinister, with the institute's emblem in the middle.
http://salsa-samy.blogspot.fr/2008/08/bandera-de-la-institucion.html - Sandra Milena's blog
Ivan Sache, 24 July 2014


Alfonso López, Institución Educativa Técnica

image by Ivan Sache, 04 December 2014

Institución Educativa Técnica Alfonso López (IETAL) was established in La Dorada (Caldas Department) by Agreement No. 62 of 20 November 1978, issued by the administration of the regional educative body of Caldas.
The flag of IETAL is horizontally divided yellow-white-green. Yellow represents the fusion of metals at high temperature, whose incandescent colour is a symbol of creativity and ingenuity on the educationalists in the workshops. White represent integer men forging peace, able to work peacefully together in search of a better future through honesty, work, transparency and harmonious social interaction. Green is a symbol of the aspiration of the community to educate young people able to efficiently enter the working environment, based on the values that lead to excellence.
Source: http://ietaldorada.edu.co/website/index.php/simbolos - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 04 December 2014


Alfonso López Pumarejo, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 28 September 2014

Institución Educativa Alfonso López Pumarejo is located in Medellín (Antioquia Department).
The institute is named for the Liberal politician Alfonso López Pumarejo (1886-1959), President of the Republic of Colombia (1934-1938 and 1942-1945).
The flag of the institute is presented in the institute's Institutional Educational Project as horizontally divided white-blue-yellow-green (3:1:1:1).
White is the symbol of the purity of mind and of everyone's dreams for the future. Blue is a symbol of highness, plenty, force, and peace. Yellow is a symbol of light, liberty, and joy. Green is a symbol of unity, hope, productivity, and cooperation.
Source: http://www.iealpuma.edu.co/inicio/actualidad/peialpuma.pdf
Ivan Sache, 28 September 2014


Alfonso Mora Naranjo, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 14 July 2018

Institución Educativa Alfonso Mora Naranjo was established in borough Campo Valdes, Medellin (Antioquia Department), by Departmental Resolution No. 16,204, issued in 27 November 2002, as the merger of Liceo Alfonso Mora Naranjo and Escuela Santa María Goretti.
Source: School website
The school is named for the academic, journalist and diplomat Alfonso Mora Naranjo (1898-1964). As the head of Antioquia University, he founded on 8 May 1935 the university's academic journal, "Revista Universidad de Antioquia". He was also editor-in-chief of the weekly "Intellectual" (Medellin) and the review "Gaceta de occidente" (Manizales). Mora Naranjo served as the Vice Rector of Universidad de Antioquia, Rector of Instituto Universitario de Manizales, Head of Public Education of Caldas Department, and Rector of Escuela Normal de Antioquia.
[A.F. Restrepo, J.F. Restrepo, K. Arvila. 2005. Una historia muy particular. Revista Universidad de Antioquia, special commemorative issue, 1-11]
Source: http://aprendeenlinea.udea.edu.co/revistas/public/revistaudea/historia.pdf 

The flag of the school is horizontally divided white-red-blue.
White represents the mind prepared to incorporate new knowledge, customs and values that contribute to integral education.
Red represents the tenacity, force and commitment of the whole educational community.
Blue means peace and serenity required to solve the issue of living together.
Source: Manual de Convivencia
Ivan Sache, 14 July 2018


Alfonso Palacio Rudas, Institución Educativa Técnica

image by Ivan Sache, 16 August 2014

Institución Educativa Técnica Alfonso Palacio Rudas is located in Honda (Tolima Department). The institute is named for the Honda-born lawyer, economist and Liberal politician Alfonso Palacio Rudas (1912-1996), Governor of Tolima (1960) and Mayor of Bogotá (1974-1975).
The flag of the institute is diagonally divided (per bend sinister) dark red-white.
Source: http://palaciorudas.blogspot.fr/2011/09/simbolos-de-la-institucion.html - Institute's unofficial blog
Ivan Sache, 16 August 2014


Alfonso Spath Spath, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 29 December 2009

"Institución Educativa 'Alfonso Spath Spath' " (INEDAS) was founded on 13 January 1993 (Municipal Decree No. 07) at Martínez, Municipality of Cereté, Department of Córdoba.
The flag of INEDAS, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is in proportions 1:2, vertically divided in two equal parts, the first half being white and the second half horizontally divided green-red.
White represents cotton.
Green represents the maize fields. Red represents the joy of the youth.
Ivan Sache, 29 December 2009


Alianza, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 28 September 2014

Institución Educativa Alianza is located in San Andrés (Córdoba Department).
The flag of the institute is presented in Chapter 5 of the school's Institutional Educational Project, as divided red-white by the ascending diagonal.
Source: http://iealianza.wikispaces.com/file/view/P.E.I.+Alianza+Versión+1-+2011.pdf
Ivan Sache, 28 September 2014