Last modified: 2014-05-16 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: cauca | la vega | vega |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dov Gutterman, 10 August 2008
The municipality of La Vega is in Cauca Department. It was
founded on 9 September 1777.
The flag of La Vega is green with blue diagonal stripe (bottom hoist to upper fly) and charged with the municipal coat of arms on white disk.
Source: Municipal website.
Dov Gutterman and Felipe Carillo, 10 August 2008
Translated from Municipal
"- Green: our abundant fauna and flora;
- Blue: our various rivers and brooks."
The coat of arms is made of an horizontally divided white-yellow shield. The white part is charged with a black condor standing over geen mountains. Condors have indeed ben observed for a few years in the mountains of La Vega. The yellow part is charged with two branches of coffee, representing the main crop in the warm part of the municipality.
The shield is flanked by wheat ears, representing the main crop in the cold part of the municipality. The shield is charged in the middle with a white oval bearing the building of the "Planta de la Normal Antigua", founded 51 years ago as the first educational institution in the village.
Ivan Sache, 30 August 2008
image from Municipal website