Last modified: 2021-08-26 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: cauca | caldono |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
incomplete (see below)
image by Dov Gutterman, 10 August 2008
The municipality of Caldono is in Cauca Department. It was
founded on 15 February 1730.
The flag of Caldono is horizontally divided blue-yellow-green and charged with white circle at the center.
Source: Municipal website.
Dov Gutterman and Felipe Carillo, 10 August 2008
Translated from Municipal
"The flag was designed by the teachers of the "Pedagogy and Practice" micro-center. The flag is made of three equal horizontal stripes. Blue represents the hydric resources of our municiapality; yellow represents flora and fauna; green represents the natural and agriculturalresources. A white circle overlapping the blue and green stripes represents peace and harmony; inside the circle are represented the two cultural ethnies, Nasa and small farmers on the fertile soils of the municipality."
From this description, it seems that the image of the flag is inaccurate. There should be something depicted inside it.
The Nasa are an indigenous people living in the north of Cauca.
Ivan Sache, 15 August 2008
image from Municipal website