Last modified: 2021-08-26 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: boyaca | el cocuy |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Description of flag of El Cocuy, municipality in Colombian Department of
Boyacá, can be seen on this site:
Here is automatic translation from Spanish:
"Created by Resolution No. 002 of November 3, 1981 comprised as follows:
• A white background 2 meters long and 1.50 meters wide, representing cleanliness and peace in the region.
• A strip-shaped red circle at the center, representing the blood spilled by our heroes to give us independence.
• The letters in black, red circle around the name of the municipality.
• The image of the majestic Sierra Nevada bathed in sunlight and clouds in the sky blue all at the center.
• The shaft that holds the weapons represents the heroes faced their enemies by exposing their lives to give freedom to our people.
Subsequently, by agreement No. 003 of August 11, 1985 is amended by inserting flag a strip 32 feet wide consisting of the Colombian tricolor. This stretch of the upper left corner diagonally opposite corner to find the lower right."
I also found two images with visible flag:
Aleksandar Nemet, 18 December 2011