Last modified: 2023-03-25 by martin karner
Keywords: sirnach | thurgau |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
In yellow, a red diagonal bar covered with three white shells.
The coat of arms was already used in a similar form in the Fischingen office book of 1699. The diagonal bars are white there and the shells are red. In 1950 the emblem was redrawn.
After Sirnach merged in 1997 with Busswil, Horben and Wiezikon it kept its old emblem.
Split, right of blue and yellow, left of yellow and black, divided six times each.
The emblem shows the historical composition of the municipality. The band shape comes from the Littenheid shield. Until 1798, Littenheid belonged to the Tannegg district (colors blue and yellow), Busswil itself to the monastery of St. Gallen (colors yellow and black).
In white a black pole.
Adoption of the emblem of the Lords of Horben, who were ministeriales of St. Gallen.
In blue a slanted yellow fish with scales.
The fish refers to the relationship to Fischingen Abbey (canting), the colours and the inclination of the fish to the Tannegg district.