Last modified: 2023-02-25 by martin karner
Keywords: steckborn | thurgau |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
In blue, a yellow ring with two crossed yellow sticks.
The flag/coat of arms is canting with the sticks (in German: Stecken). It probably combines an older city coat of arms (ring) with a variant of the Labhart family coat of arms (sticks).
The older city coat of arms in the form of a golden ring appears in the glass painting from 1543 in the Stein am Rhein town hall; later it appears on the Feldbach bell from about 1683–1687. The ring may have been taken from the coat of arms of the Landenberg or the Knöringer and could be connected with the transition of the city rule from Reichenau to the Bishopric of Constance in 1540. The municipal coats of arms of the neighboring town of Berlingen and Allensbach have similar forms.