Last modified: 2023-03-11 by martin karner
Keywords: neunforn | thurgau |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
In white, nine green pines with black trunks growing from a straight green base.
Canting flag/coat of arms, because the name Neunforn is pronounced "Nüüfere" in the local dialect and sounds similar to nine pines (German: neun Föhren).
In white a blue grape with black stem and foliage.
Viticulture is still an important branch of agriculture today. The colors refer to the Charterhouse Ittingen and the city of Zurich.
In 1958, the municipal assembly approved the coat of arms proposal of the Thurgau municipal coat of arms commission.
In 1996 Niederneunforn merged with Oberneunforn and Wilen to Neunforn.
In white on free-floating mountain growing nine green pines with red trunks.
Canting emblem with nine pines (see Neunforn above), known since 1861.
In 1996 Oberneunforn merged with Niederneunforn and Wilen to Neunforn.
Divided by blue and white with one rose each in reversed colours.
The roses refer to the Lords of Güttingen, who sold larger holdings to the monastery of St. Katharinental in the 13th century. The colours are reminiscent of the Zurich rule.
Wilen bei Neunforn is located on the border between the cantons of Thurgau and Zurich. The part on the Zurich side belonged to the municipality of Oberstammheim ZH from 1798 to 2018, since 2019 it's part of Stammheim ZH.
In 1996 Wilen bei Neunforn TG merged with Niederneunforn and Oberneunforn to Neunforn.