Last modified: 2023-03-11 by martin karner
Keywords: gachnang | thurgau |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
In white an upright red unicorn.
The municipality of Gachnang adopted the coat of arms of the Reichenau ministeriales of Gachnang as the municipal flag/coat of arms. The colours are reminiscent of belonging to the Reichenau monastery.
In red a white wave pole, covered with three red flames.
Since 1951, Islikon has had three red flames in a white band on a red background in its coat of arms. It is based on the custom of Laetare Sunday with the flood of lights, which was carried out for the first time in 1810.
Islikon merged on 1 January 1998 into the municipality of Gachnang.
Split by yellow and red with castle tower, enclosing wall and closed gate in changed colours and with
The coat of arms of the Kefikon lordship was originally a birdcage (canting: Käfig = cage). As a new motif, the tower of Kefikon Castle with the stepped gable was chosen, with the colours of the County of Thurgau.
Kefikon merged on 1 January 1998 into the municipality of Gachnang.
Kefikon is located on the border between the cantons of Thurgau and Zurich. The part on the Zurich side was an independent municipality until 1926, when it was merged into the municipality of Wiesendangen ZH.
In white two red eagle wings.
The eagle wings come from the coat of arms of the Lords of Strass, who exercised jurisdiction. The colours white and red are those of the city of Frauenfeld, which had the sovereign rights after the Lords of Strass until 1798.
Niederwil merged on 1 January 1998 into the municipality of Gachnang.
In red a white ram's horns.
Adoption of the coat of arms of the bailiff family Hofmeister of Frauenfeld, but in reversed colours.
Oberwil merged on 1 January 1998 into the municipality of Gachnang.