Last modified: 2023-03-11 by martin karner
Keywords: felben-wellhausen | thurgau |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Divided horizontally by red with white willow and by yellow with jointed black castle with open gate
and two crenellated towers.
Today's municipal flag/coat of arms emerged in 1983 from the merging of Felben and Wellhausen. The use of red and white dates back to before 1798, when Felben was still under the town of Frauenfeld. The castle in the lower part indicates the former affiliation with the castle of Wellenberg. The colors are also those of the Lords von Wellenberg.
The oldest evidence for the name of the village can be found in a document from 1178 in the form of Veluen. Probably it goes back to the Old High German field name bî den fëlwen (near the willows), which makes the emblem canting.
The name refers to the former affiliation with Wellenberg Castle. The colors are also those of the lords von Wellenberg.