This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Estrela d'Oeste, São Paulo State (Brazil)

Last modified: 2013-04-25 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | estrela d'oeste |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Estrela do Norte, SP (Brazil) image by Ivan Sache, 13 April 2013
See also:

About the Flag

The municipality of Estrela d'Oeste (8,208 inhabitants in 2010; 29,640 ha) is located in northwestern São Paulo State, 575 km of São Paulo..

Estrela d'Oeste was colonized in 1925 by José Gonçalves, José Pontiffe and Manezinho Baiano, who lived on land belonging to Antonio Cassimiro. The village emerged around a chapel dedicated to Our Lady of the Sorrows. The village was named Estrela d'Oeste (West Star) on 20 January 1942, as a tribute to President of the Republic Getúlio Vargas. The municipality of Estrela d'Oeste was established by Law No. 233 of 24 December 1948, seceding from Fernandópolis. - Municipal website

The municipal logo suggests that the flag is blue with, in the middle, a white star charged with the municipal coat of arms. This is confirmed by photos of the flag in use: - Photos, retrieved by Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg

Ivan Sache, 13 April 2013