Last modified: 2013-01-24 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | regente feijó |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dirk Schönberger,
15 January 2013
Based on: http://www.regentefeijo.sp.gov.br/simbolos.php
A red cross pattée, on a white field, with yellow fleur de lys in the centre.
Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 15 January 2013
Regente Feijó developed around the railway station of Memória, established in 1919 near the river of the same name by the Sorocabana Railway Co. The town was founded in 1922 by Captain Francisco Witacker, one of the builders of the Boiadeira Road that linked the hinterland to river Paraná and the ranches established in Campos de Vacaria, South Mato Grosso. The municipality of Regente Feijó was established in 1935.
The municipality is named for Father Diogo Antônio Feijó (1784-1843), Minister of Justice (1831) and Regent of the Empire (October 1835-September 1837).
The flag of Regente Feijó is white with a red cross patty charged in the middle with a yellow fleur-de-lis. The flag is a simplified banner of the municipal arms, which are "Ermine a cross patty gules a fleur-de-lis or. The shield surmounted by a mural crown argent ports gules. The shield supported dexter by a branch of cotton and sinister by a branch of coffee, the two proper. Below the shield a scroll gules inscribed with the motto 'PAULISTA POR MERCÊ DE DEUS' [Paulista by God's Mercy] in letters argent."
Photos of the flag
Ivan Sache, 16 January 2013