Last modified: 2013-06-01 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | oscar bressane |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Oscar Bressane was founded on a piece of land offered by José Mansano Garcia, the owner of the Fortuna estate. The district of Tabajara was established by Law No. 1,823 of 17 December 1921, as part of the municipality of Campos Novos do Paranapanema, and renamed Vila Fortuna by Decree No. 6,154 of 13 November 1933. The district of Vila Fortuna was transferred to the municipality of Bela Vista (today, Echaporã) by Decree No. 9,775 of 30 November 1938. The district was renamed Amarilis and transferred to the municipality of Lutécia by State Decree-Law No. 14,334 of 30 November 1944.
The municipality of Oscar Bressane was established by Law No. 233 of
24 December 1948 and inaugurated on 24 April 1949. The municipality is
named for Oscar Augusto de Barros Bressane, who contributed to the
emancipation of the municipality but was, unfortunately, killed in a
traffic accident before the emancipation.
http://www.oscarbressane.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The symbols of Oscar Bressane are prescribed in Article 2 of the
Municipal Constitution, adopted on 5 April 1990, as "the flag, the
anthem and the coat of arms, representative of its culture and history".
http://www.camaraoscarbressane.sp.gov.br/index2.php? - Municipal Constitution
The flag is prescribed by Municipal Law No. 7 of 29 July 1968. The flag is blue with a yellow-green-yellow saltire and cross. In the middle of the flag is placed a white rectangle charged with the municipal coat of arms.
The coat of arms is prescribed by Municipal Law No. 6 of 29 July 1968.
Ivan Sache, 30 May 2013