This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Lucianópolis, São Paulo State (Brazil)

Last modified: 2013-04-25 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | lucianópolis |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:

About the Flag

The municipality of Lucianópolis (2,255 inhabitants in 2010; 19,091 ha) is located 400 km of São Paulo.

Lucianópolis was founded by Colonel Eduardo de Souza Porto, a pioneer from the region of Fernão, on the bank of river Gralha. The village that developed nearby was named São Pedro das Antas. The district of Gralha was established by Law No. 70 of 24 September 1924, as part of the municipality of Piratininga, and transferred to the newly established municipality of Duartina by Law no. 2,151 of 11 December 1926.. The municipality of Lucianópolis was established by State Law No. 2,456 of 30 December 1953. The municipality is named for the State Representative Luciano Nogueira Filho, who tabled the Bill aiming at the municipal emancipation of Gralha.

The flag of Lucianópolis is light blue with a white-red-white saltire. In the middle of the flag is placed a white lozenge charged with the municipal coat of arms.


Ivan Sache
, 19 April 2013