Last modified: 2013-04-25 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | itajobi |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 12 April 2013
Itajobi was founded on 22 June 1884 by Inácio Nantes da Costa, who
offered a piece of land from the Campo Ālegre estate to establish a
new settlement. A chapel dedicated to Our Lady of the Apparition was
erected. The arrival in 1894 of Italian, German and Syrian immigrants
boosted the development of agriculture and commerce in the town. The
district of Itajubi was established by State Law No. 993 of 2 August
1906, as part of the municipality of Itápolis, with its seat at Campo
Alegre das Pedras.
The municipality of Itajubi was established by State Law No. 1,604 of
26 October 1918, inaugurated on 4 April 1919, and renamed Itajobi by
State Decree-Law No. 9,073 of 31 March 1938. The district of Nova
Cardoso was established by Supplementary Law No. 2 of 24 October 1991.
http://www.itajobi.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The flag of Itajobi is white with a blue border charged with eight fleurs-de-lis (3 + 2 + 3). In the middle of the flag is placed the municipal coat of arms.