Last modified: 2013-05-25 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | ibaté |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 8 April 2013
Ibaté was settled after the foundation of the town of São Carlos,
following the increase in coffee growth along the Rio Claro-São Carlos
railway. The Visconde do Pinhal railway station was inaugurated in
1855. São João Batista da Lagoa was founded on 29 January 1893 by
João Evangelista de Toledo and his sons-in-law. The district of Ibaté
was established in 1900, as part of the municipality of São Carlos.
The municipality of Ibaté was established on 30 December 1953.
http://www.ibate.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The symbols of ibaté are prescribed in Article 2 of the Municipal
Constitution, as "the flag, the coat of arms and the anthem,
representative of its culture and history".
http://www.camaraibate.sp.gov.br/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=5&Itemid=87 - Municipal Constitution
The flag is blue with a white triangle charged with the municipal coat of arms.