Last modified: 2013-04-22 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | guzolândia |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 5 April 2013
Guzolândia was founded in 1946 by the landlord Américo Guzo on land
belonging to the Barreiro Estate, located on the southwestern part of
the today's municipal territory. The district of Guzolândia was
established by Law No. 8,050 adopted in 1958.
The municipality of Guzolândia was established by Law No. 8,092
adopted in 1964.
http://www.guzolandia.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The symbols of Guzolândia are prescribed in Article 2 of the Municipal
Constitution, adopted on 5 April 1990, as "the coat of arms, the flag
and the municipal anthem, representative of its culture and history".
http://www.cmguzolandia.sp.gov.br/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=42 - Municipal Constitution
The flag is light blue with a white lozenge charged with the municipal
coat of arms.
http://www.guzolandia.sp.gov.br/a_cidade/hoje/simbolos/bandeira/index.asp - Municipal website
Ivan Sache, 5 April 2013