This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Guaiçara, São Paulo State (Brazil)

Last modified: 2013-04-22 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | guaiçara |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Guaiçara, SP (Brazil) image by Ivan Sache, 3 April 2013

See also:

About the Flag

The municipality of Guaiçara (10,671 inhabitants in 2010; 26,930 ha) is located 470 km of São Paulo.

Guaiçara originates in the establishment of a railway station of the same name, inaugurated on 24 June 1924. Guaiçara is the Tupi-Guarani name of a tree common in the region, known to the botanists as Luetzelburgia guaissara Toledo. The municipality of Guaiçara was established in 1955. - Website of the Municipal Chamber

The flag of Guaiçara is horizontally divided black-white-green-yellow with a red canton charged with the municipal coat of arms.


Ivan Sache, 3 April 2013