Last modified: 2013-04-06 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | flora rica |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flora Rica was founded in 1927 by José Firpo. The village was
originally named Vila Rica (Rich Town), a name highlighting the
fertility of the soil and aimed at attracting colonists. The district
of Vila Rica was established on 19 March 1948, as part of the
municipality of Pacaembu.
The municipality of Flora Rica was established by State Law No. 2,456
of 30 December 1953 and inaugurated on 30 October 1954.
http://www.florarica.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The flag of Flora Rica is vertically divided-yellow-white-green. The white stripe is charged with a star in the middle, four at the top and three at the bottom. The stars are blue, the central one being bigger than the other. The upper stars are arranged in an arch while the lower stars are placed horizontally.