This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Emilianópolis, São Paulo State (Brazil)

Last modified: 2013-02-02 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | emilianópolis |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Emilianópolis, SP (Brazil) image by Ivan Sache, 26 January 2013

See also:

About the Flag

An ascending north-south diagonal tricolour, red-white-blue, with the municipal arms in the centre.

Official website at 
Dirk Schönberger, 25 October 2012

The municipality of Emilianópolis (3,204 inhabitants in 2010; 22,331 ha) is located in westernmost São Paulo State, 600 km of São Paulo.

Emilianópolis was founded in 1919, when the Mantalvão Estate was divided into plots by the Companhia Marcondes de Colonização, Indústria e Comércio, ran by José Soares Marcondes . Most plots were acquired by immigrants from southern Minas Gerais. The new settlement was named Vila Emilia, as a tribute to Emilia Mori Marcondes, José Marcondes' wife. The district of Emilianópolis was established by State Law No. 233 of 24 December 1948. The municipality of Emilianópolis was established, as part of the municipality of Presidente Bernardes, by State Law No. 7,664 of 31 December 1991, following a plebiscite organized on 19 May 1991 (1,403 of the 1,483 voters approved the municipal emancipation while 53 rejected it).

The flag of Emilianópolis is in dimensions 3 units x 5 units. The external size of the coloured triangle is 3 units. The width of the stripe placed between the two triangles is 2 units.

The coat of arms of Emilianópolis is surmounted by a five-pointed, faceted star argent [instead of the usual mural crown]. The chief of the shield is gules, charged dexter with a bovine's head argent and sinister with a tree proper, representing cattle breeding and the forests present at the time of colonization, respectively. A field worker is represented standing on a field vert, in the background a rising sun or irradiating through a sky azure. In base, a curved fess azure is charged with three fish nageant or. The shield supported dexter by a branch of cotton flowered proper and sinister by a plant of bean. Beneath the shield a scroll gules inscribed with the municipality's name surrounded by the years '1919' and '1991' all sable. - Neif Taiar's "Enciclopédia dos Municípios do Extremo-Oeste do Estado do São Paulo"

Ivan Sache, 26 January 2013