This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Echaporã, São Paulo State (Brazil)

Last modified: 2013-04-06 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | echaporã |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Echaporã, SP (Brazil) image by Ivan Sache, 28 March 2013
See also:

About the Flag

The municipality of Echaporã (6,318 inhabitants in 2010; 51,459 ha) is located 470 km of São Paulo.

Echaporã originates in the establishment of the parish of São José do Rio Novo by Law No. 62 of 13 April 1880, as part of the municipality of Santa Cruz do Rio Pardo. The municipality of Campos Novos do Paranapanema was established by Law No. 25 of 1 March 1885, inaugurated on 14 January 1887, and renamed Campos Novos by Law No. 1,828 of 21 December 1929. Following the establishment of the settlement of Bela Vista by Santiago Fernandes on 8 September 1924, the municipal seat was transferred from Campos Novos and the municipality was renamed Bela Vista by State Law-Decree No. 9,775 of 30 November 1938, and, eventually, Echaporã, by State Decree-Law No. 14,334 of 30 November 1944. - Municipal website

The flag and arms of Echaporã are prescribed by Municipal Law No. 380 of 10 July 1968.

The flag is blue with a white-black-white cross cantonned by four white fleurs-de-lis. In the middle of the flag is placed a yellow lozenge charged with the municipal coat of arms.

The coat of arms is "Azure a fleur-de-lis cantonned by two crosses couped and the writing 'IHS' all argent, grafted in base or a hunting horn sable. The shield surmounted by a mural crown argent ports sable. The shield supported dexter by a branch of coffee and sinister by a plant of potato (?). Beneath the shield a scroll azure inscribed with the municipality's name surrounded by the date '30-11 / 1938' all argent".

Photos of the flag

Ivan Sache, 28 March 2013

Variant flag

Echaporã, SP (Brazil) image by Ivan Sache, 28 March 2013

A photo taken on 5 September 2006 shows the flag (provided it is indeed a flag, since only the central part is shown) with a white instead of white-black-white cross.

Ivan Sache, 28 March 2013