This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Clementina, São Paulo State (Brazil)

Last modified: 2013-04-06 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | clementina |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Clementina, SP (Brazil) image by Ivan Sache, 24 March 2013
See also:

About the Flag

The municipality of Clementina (7,064 inhabitants in 2010; 16,874 ha) is located 520 km of São Paulo. The municipality is made of the town of Clementina proper and of the district of Lauro Penteado.

Clementina was founded on 20 June 1928 by João Francisco Vasques. Mostly settled by Japanese and Spanish colonists, the village, originally called Nova Era, was renamed Vasques in 1932. The district of Clementina, named for the elder daughter of the village's founder, was established by Decree 14,334 of 30 November 1944, as part of the municipality of Coroados. The municipality of Clementina was established by Law No. 2,456 of 31 December 1953. - Municipal website

The flag of Clementina is yellow with a red off-centered cross. Over the intersection of the cross' arms is placed a white square diamond charged with the municipal arms. - Municipal website

Video showing the flag hoisted outdoors

Ivan Sache, 24 March 2013