Last modified: 2013-04-06 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | catiguá |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Catiguá originates in the merging of two settlements, Vila Santa
Izabel and Vila Mariana. The two villages increased after the
inauguration of the railway station in 1910. Vila Santa Izabel was
renamed Vila Ibarra in 1912. Vila Mariana was transformed into the
district of Catupiry in 1921, part of the municipality of Catanduva;
the district of Vila Ibarra was established in 1929, as part of the
municipality of Tabapuã. The district of Catiguá was established on 30
The municipality of Catiguá was established on 8 February 1959 and
inaugurated on 3 May 1960.
http://catiguaimagens.zip.net/arch2006-01-15_2006-01-21.html - Catiguá blog
The flag of Catiguá is blue with a white triangle placed along the hoist and charged with the municipal coat of arms. Five pink roses with green stem and leaves are placed 2 + 1 + 2 at fly.
The coat of arms of Catiguá, adopted on 20 March 1975, is "Azure a three-arched bridge argent masoned sable the base argent wavy sable the chief or three roses gules slipped and leaved vert. The shield surmounted by a mural crown argent ports sable. The shield supported dexter by a sugarcane and sinister by a branch of coffee the two proper. Beneath the shield a scroll azure inscribed with the municipality's name in letters argent".
Azure is a symbol of justice, dignity, loyalty and firmness.
The bridge is a symbol of the unity of the two old settlements of
Ibarra and Catupiry that merged to form Catiguá. The base represents
river São Domingos.
The roses are the symbol of St. Isabel, the town's patron saint.
Sugarcane and coffee are the main crop in the region.
http://catiguaimagens.zip.net - Catiguá blog
Ivan Sache, 23 March 2013