Last modified: 2013-12-07 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | arandu |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache,
10 March 2013
Arandu originates in the establishment of a small village in the
borough of Barriro, part of the municipality of Avaré. A chapel
dedicated to Our Lady of Boa Morte was built in 1898 in the Letreiro
Estate. The district of Arandu was established on 30 November 1944.
The municipality of Arandu was established by State Law No. 8,050 of
30 November 1963 and inaugurated on 19 March 1965.
http://www.portalarandu.com.br/aniver.html - "Portal Arandu" website
The symbols of Arandu are prescribed in Article 2 of the Municipal
Constitution, adopted on 5 April 1990, as "the flag, the anthem and
the coat of arms".
http://www.camaradearandu.sp.gov.br/leiorganica.pdf - Municipal Constitution
The flag is red with a black cross bordered in white. Over the intersection of the cross' arms is placed a white disk charged with the municipal coat of arms.
Photos of the flag
Ivan Sache, 11 March 2013