Last modified: 2013-07-20 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | brazil | araras | stripes: 2 (diagonal) | coat of arms |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dirk Schönberger, 20 September
Adopted 23 March 1956
Image source: http://www.araras.sp.gov.br/simbolos/
The image is based on the following verbal description. The flag was adopted by law no. 254 of 23 March 1956.
The flag is white, 11:16, with two narrow diagonal stripes, black and red, and the coat of arms overall
on the center. The coat of arms was adopted by law no. 159 of 13 July 1953. The shield is divided
per fess and the upper half per pale. The first (dexter chief) quarter is
red with a gold baron's coronet; the second (sinister chief) red with a gold sun; and the third
(base) blue with a wavy silver bar. It is ensigned with a mural crown bearing an escutcheon,
gules a fleur-de-lis argent, above the central portal. The shield is flanked by sugar cane and coffee branches.
The motto is Pelo Bem da Pátria (For the good of the country)."
Source: Municipal legislature website
Joseph McMillan, 28 August 2002
Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 20 September 2012