This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Pouso Redondo, Santa Catarina (Brazil)

Last modified: 2021-12-11 by ian macdonald
Keywords: santa catarina | pouso redondo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Flag of Pouso Redondo,
SC (Brazil)] image by Ivan Sache, 5 November 2021  


See also:

Municipality

The municipality of Pouso Redondo (16,821 inhabitants in 2010; 35,952 ha) is located 220 km west of Florianˇpolis.

Pouso Redondo was named for a rounded ("redondo") place where tropeiros use to stop, halfway of the mountain and the seashore. The original settlement of Pouso Redondo was located 25 km from the present-day's town, then a smaller town named Barreira (Gate) for a toll established in the 1920s by the government of Santa Catarina. With time, Barreira outgrew Pouso Redondo and became the seat of the district of Pouso Redondo established by Decree No. 332 issued on 9 April 1933.
The municipality of Pouso Redondo was established by State Law No. 348 promulgated on 23 July 1958.

https://www.pousoredondo.sc.gov.br/cms/pagina/ver/codMapaItem/103823
Municipal website

Ivan Sache, 5 November 2021


Description of the Flag

A green off-centred cross on a white flag with the municipal arms on the cross.

Official website at http://www.pousoredondo.sc.gov.br
Dirk Sch÷nberger, 24 July 2012

Photos
https://www.facebook.com/PMPRSC/photos/901881523511045
https://www.facebook.com/PMPRSC/photos/833415483690983

Ivan Sache, 5 November 2021