Last modified: 2021-12-11 by ian macdonald
Keywords: santa catarina | brunópolis |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 1 November 2021
The municipality of Brunópolis (2,852 inhabitants in 2010; 33,551 ha) is
located 325 km west of Florianópolis.
Brunópolis was settled in 1948. The municipality of Brunópolis was established by State Law No. 10,053 promulgated in 29 December 1995, separating from Campos Novos, and inaugurated on 1 January 1007.
The town was named for Father Bruno Paris, in charge of the region's spiritual management for years.
Ivan Sache, 1 November 2021
The flag and arms of Brunópolis are prescribed by Municipal Law No. 34
promulgated on 9 June 1997.
The municipal flag of Brunópolis is divided in three horizontal stripes, celestial blue, yellow and green, running from a rectangle's end to the other and equal in size, charged in the center with a red lozenge superimposed by a white circle inscribing the coat of arms.
§1. In compliance with the Portuguese heraldry tradition, whose canons and rules were inherited, municipal flags have to be divided in eight, six, four or three parts, featuring the same colors as the field of the coat of arms and in the center or at hoist a geometrical figure inscribing the municipal coat of arms.
&§. The municipal flag of Brunópolis obeys the general rule, being divided in thee part by horizontal stripes. The coat of arms applied to the flag represents the municipal government, while the red lozenge inscribing it represents the town proper, as the municipality's seat. Red is the symbol of fire, and of people's tenacity and force, and of industry, as well. The white circle superimposed to the triangle is a symbol of peace, friendship, work, prosperity, purity and religious feeling. The green stripe in the flag's base represents the rural properties scattered over the municipal territory. Green is a symbol of honor, civility, courtesy, abundance, hope, fauna and flora refuge for environmental preservation, and recalls the Santa Catarinense and Brazilian origins as their official color. Yellow, in the stripe above the green stripe, represents resources in grain and aspiration to progress, as well as, in combination with green, a tribute to the motherland through its green and yellow colors. Celestial blue, in the upper stripe, symbolizes the universe, heavens' force and people's religious feeling, aspiration to infinity, people's tenderness, friendship and courage.
In compliance with heraldic rules, the municipal flag shall have the official dimensions adopted for the national flag, 14 units in width on 20 units in length.
The coat of arms of the municipality of Brunópolis, in compliance with heraldic norms, is described in proper worlds as follows.
A Samnite shield surmounted by a mural crown of seven yellow towers with blue ports and windows, divided into four parts, in the upper left part stylized bovine and horse's profile. A small, irregular blue stripe symbolizing a river, representing the municipality's water resources, on a yellow background. On the right side, three native trees (araucarias) and a path, symbolizing the federal road that crosses the municipality, on a celestial blue background. In the lower left part, some of the municipality's main crops, soybean, maize and garlic. In the lower right part, Work and Progress, represented by a tractor and the resources of cultivated pines. On the shield's left, a bean plant supported by a red scroll inscribed in the center with the toponym "BRUNÓPOLIS", surrounded left by date "29/12" and year "1995" and right by date "01/01" and year "1997". On the shield's right, a wheat plant and a soybean plant.
Leis Municipais database
Ivan Sache, 1 November 2021