This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Taquarušu do Sul, Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)

Last modified: 2020-08-08 by ian macdonald
Keywords: rio grande do sul | taquarušu do sul |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Flag of Taquarušu do Sul image by Ivan Sache, 7 August 2020


See also:

Municipality

The municipality of Taquarušu do Sul (2,966 inhabitants in 2010; 7,774 ha) is located 400 km north of Porto Alegre.

Taquarušu do Sul was established in 1919 by Italian immigrants coming from the "old" colonies of Sierra Ga˙cha (GuaporÚ) and the 4th Colony (J˙lio de Castilhos, Cachoeira do Sul, Ivorß and Faxinal do Soturno). who settled near a source surrounded by taquarašu plants (Chusquea gaudichaudii Kunth, a bamboo species natives to South Brazil).
The municipality of Taquarušu do Sul was established by State Law No. 8,599 promulgated on 9 May 1988, separating from Frederico Westphalen, and inaugurated on 1 January 1989. The limits with the municipal territory were rectified by State Law No. 8,972 promulgated on 8 January 1990.

https://www.taquarucudosulrs.com.br/nossomunicipio

Ivan Sache, 7 August 2020


Symbols

The flag of Taquarušu do Sul is diagonally divided red-green from the lower border (not the corner) to the upper right corner. In the center is placed a white disc charged with the municipal coat of arms.

Photo
https://www.facebook.com/prefeituradetaquarucudosul/photos/a.827659857294271/2273012812758961/?type=3&theater

Ivan Sache, 7 August 2020