Last modified: 2020-08-08 by ian macdonald
Keywords: rio grande do sul | rodeio bonito |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 3 August 2020
The municipality of Rodeio Bonito (5,743 inhabitants in 2000; 8,325 ha) is
located 430 km north-west of Porto Alegre. The municipality is composed of the
districts of Rodeio Bonito (seat) and Saltinho.
Rodeio Bonito emerged as a "rodeio" (a place were cattle was grouped for enumeration, management, marking etc...) established in a clearing by Flôrencio Câmara de Azevedo. Located on a hill, the place allowed a panoramic view on the surroundings and was deemed "bonito" (beautiful).
First settled in 1895, Rodeio Bonito remained quite isolated until 1927, being one of the most remote and lately colonized areas of Rio Grande do Sul.
The town emerged in 1930, its first inhabitant being Rodolfino Portes da Silva. The district of Rodeio Bonito was established within Palmeira das Missãos by Municipal Law No. 33 promulgated on 16 June 1948. The municipality of Rodeio Bonito was established by State Law No. 4,667 promulgated on 20 December 1963 and inaugurated on 15 April 1964.
Ivan Sache, 3 August 2020
The flag of Rodeio Bonito, designed by Altair Savoldi, is prescribed by
Municipal Law No. 406 promulgated on 20 February 1976. The first copy of the
flag was manufactured by Arilda Dendena and Loeri Gnhoatto.
The official flag of the municipality of Rodeio Bonito is composed of the following colors.
Green, representing forests, fields and plantations.
Red, representing blood flowing in the inhabitant's veins and the struggle for the municipality's progress and development.
Yellow, representing the cattle-breeding and mineral resources.
Blue, representing the firmament and the cloak of the patron saint, Our Lady of the Seamen.
White, representing peace reigning in the Rodeio Bonito community, as required for harmonious development.
The official colors shall be arranged as follows.
Green, 1/4 of the panel, in the lower left part.
Red, 1/4 of the panel, in the lower right part.
Yellow, 1/4 of the panel, in the upper left part.
Blue, 1/4 of the panel, in the upper right part.
White, in the center, as an oval shape featuring the municipality's coat of arms, representing the arms and all the municipality's powers.
The coat of arms of the municipality has the colors of the flag of the municipality, with a white background charged with the green, red, yellow and blue colors outlined in black.
§1. On the green field is featured a maize cob, on the red field, a soybean plant, and on the blue field a palm tree, representing the agricultural, natural and renewable resources of the municipality.
§2. Superimposed to §1 of this Law, in yellow, a fortress representing commerce and basic industry in the municipality.
§3. In the lower part, on a yellow scroll, "1948", the year of creation of the district, on the left; on the right, "1963", the year of creation of the municipality. In the center, "Rodeio Bonito - RS".
The coat of arms was originally created in 1964, when the municipality was inaugurated.
Ivan Sache, 3 August 2020