Last modified: 2012-02-11 by ian macdonald
Keywords: rio grande do sul | augusto pestana |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dirk Schönberger,
31 December 2011
Source: at http://www.pmaugustopestana.com.br/texto-simbolos.php
Diagonally divided white over green per bend sinister with the municipal arms in the centre.
Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 31 December 2011
The municipality of Augusto Pestana (7,273 inhabitants; 331.44 sq. km) is
located in northwestern Rio Grande do Sul, 425 km of Porto Alegre.
The municipality is named for engineer Augusto Pestana, head of the Ijuí Colony Land Commission, who called the place Serra Cadeada. Here, "cadeada" (lit. "locked") recalls the huge locked gate of the estate owned by Dr. Raimundo Silva's widow. The municipality of Augusto Pestana was formed on 17 September 1965 by State Law No. 5,053 and inaugurated on 14 May 1966; its territory was taken from the municipalities of Ijuí, Cruz Alta and Santo Ângelo.
The flag of Augusto Pestana is prescribed by Municipal Law No. 01, signed on 31 January 1977 by Mayor Ari Hintz. It is made of two triangles, the upper white and the lower right, with the municipal coat of arms in the middle.
The coat of arms of Augusto Pestana has a green field charged with two white sinuous lines representing the two natural divisions of the municipality, in the middle a red key hole. The semi-circular base of the shield is blue with a red border, charged in the middle with a yellow wheat ear with a green leaf. The shield is surmounted by a yellow four-towered mural crown recalling the town status of Augusto Pestana. Below the shield is a yellow scroll charged with "1901, Cadeado – 1966 Augusto Pestana".
The flag is hoisted in the Mayor's office, together with the flags of Brazil and of Rio Grande do Sul.
http://www.pmaugustopestana.com.br/imagens/gabineteG.jpg - Photo
Ivan Sache, 6 January 2012