Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: antônio olinto |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 31 January 2022
The municipality of Antônio Olinto (7,434 inhabitants in 2019; 46,976 ha) is
located on the border with Santa Catarina, 150 km south of Curitiba.
Antônio Olinto was established in 1895 by Cândido Ferreira Abreu, director of the Colonization Service of the State of Paraná. Polish and Ukrainian families settled the colony known as Pequena. In 1902, Pequena, inhabited by more than 370 Ukrainian families and another 84 Polish, was elevated a district and renamed to Antônio Olinto, as a tribute to Antônio Olinto dos Santos Pires (1860-1925), Minister of Industry, Transport and Public Works (1894-1896), in charge of the Ukrainian colonization of Brazil. Changed to Divisa in 1938, the district's original name was soon re-established upon request of the inhabitants.
The municipality of Antônio Olinta was established by State Law No. 6,667 promulgated on 31 March 1958, separating from Lapa, and inaugurated on 24 October 1961.
The flag of Antönio Olinto is horizontally divided (1:2:1) celestial blue-white-green with the municipal coat of arms in the center.
A somewhat different flag is prescribed by Municipal Law No. 262 promulgated on 29 November 1981.
The flag of the municipality of Antônio Olinto shall have the following characteristics, colors and dimensions.
I. The flag of the municipality has for dimensions 1.00 m in length on 0.72 m in width, for a total area of 0.72 m2, composed of three horizontal stripes of 0.34 m in width on 1.00 m in length, of the following colors:
a) On top, blue, representing the sky.
b) In the middle, white, representing peace.
c) In base, green, representing plant resources.
II. In the central part, a horseshoe-shaped element inscribing a Brazilian pine, the tree symbol of Paraná; a yerba mate plant, representing extractive industry; a bean plant, a potato plant and a maize plant with cob, representing the municipality's crop production.
III. Surrounding the horseshoe-shaped element, interlaced with its lower part, two wheat plants, representing crops, and, through the yellow color, the municipality's mining resources.
IV. In the center, beneath the horseshoe-shaped figure, a stripe of 8 cm in width on 70 cm in length, blue, inscribed in black letters "ANTÔNIO OLINTO - 24 - 10 - 1961", that is, the municipality's name and the date of its political and administrative emancipation.
Leis Municipais database
Ivan Sache, 31 January 2022