This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Santa Bárbara, Minas Gerais (Brazil)

Last modified: 2011-02-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: minas gerais | santa bárbara |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Flag of Santa Bárbara, Minas Gerais image by Dirk Schönberger, 3 September 2010
Source: adapted from

See also:

About the Flag

Diagonally divided on an ascending diagonal, deep yellow over green, the municipal arms in the upper hoist.

Official website at
The flag was adapted from andregoth's data at Another flag is shown on the official site at
Dirk Schönberger, 3 September 2010

The website shows the flag as green with a yellow-blue-yellow cross charged in the middle by a white disk containing the municipal coat of

Oddly enough, the written description under the image matches André's drawing, which must be the true flag: "The flag of the Municipality of Santa Bárbara is made of a green and yellow rectangle, symbolizing the local economy: green, symbolizing the forest resources, and yellow, symbolizing mining. The coat of arms, on a yellow background, is placed on the flag's left."

The flag is indeed divided yellow-green by the ascending diagonal, with the municipal coat of arms in canton.

Again, the written description of the coat of arms does not match the image shown on the website but matches André's image. The coat of arms shows a mining wagon on a railway crossing a forest, lit by a rising sun representing the pioneers' spirit. The shield is surmounted by a mural crown and flanked by two eucalyptus branches. The scroll under the shield bear the writing "1839- SANTA BÁRBARA - 1839",
recalling that the "Vila" (Town) of Santa Bárbara was erected on 16 March 1839 by Provincial Law No. 134.

Ivan Sache, 4 September 2010