This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Hobson's Bay Yacht Club (Australia)

Williamstown, Victoria

Last modified: 2015-06-22 by ian macdonald
Keywords: hobson's bay yacht club | cross (blue on white) | letters: hb (white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Hobson's Bay Yacht Club burgee]
image by Ivan Sache, 6 Aug 2006

See also:

Hobson's Bay Yacht Club

The Hobson's Bay Yacht Club (HBYC), founded in 1888, is located right in the heart of Williamstown, Victoria. It is the home of the Endeavour Yacht Association of Victoria (EYAV), founded in 1969. The Endeavour yacht was designed in the 1960s by Reg Gardner, the Founding Commodore of the Botany Bay Yacht Club.

Hobsons Bay, named after Captain William Hobson, is a local government area formed mostly of the towns of Williamstown and Altona, located in the western suburbs of Melbourne.

Source: HBYC website
Ivan Sache, 6 August 2006


The burgee of the HBYC, as represented on the club emblem, is white with a blue cross and the white letters H and B placed on the horizontal arm of the cross.

Source: HBYC website
Ivan Sache, 6 August 2006