Last modified: 2021-12-24 by rob raeside
Keywords: gualeguay department | entre ríos province | argentina |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of General Galarza (4,500 inhabitants in 2010) is
located in southern Entre Ríos Province.
General Galarza was founded on 5 October 1912, as the village of San Guillermo, established by the San Guillermo Company Limited close to the Galarza railway station. The village was delimited by the land surveyor Nicolás Arriola on the territory of the Jacinta District, Gualeguay Department.
The municipality of Estación Galarza was established by Decree No. 24 of 8 January 1948.
The flag of General Galarza, designed by Luis and Giovanni Fracaroli, is prescribed by Decree no. 90 of 4 October 2012.
The flag shown on the background of the national colours a red stripe, of the federal colour of the Entre Ríos Province. In the middle of the flag is placed a yellow son charged with two green interlaced letters "G". The green colour recalls the rural origin of the municipality.
Ivan Sache, 16 July 2013
The flag was inaugurated on 5 October 2012 during the celebration of the
centenary of the establishment of the town.
http://www.galarzanoticias.com/2012/10/05/acto-central-por-los-100-anos-de-general-galarza - Galarza Noticias, 5 October 2012
Ivan Sache, 14 May 2017