Last modified: 2020-05-16 by rick wyatt
Keywords: magnetawan first nation | ontario |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Janis Lasmanis, 2 May 2020
The Magnetawan First Nation is within the boundaries of the territory
described by the Robinson-Huron Treaty of 1850, as signed by Chief
Pamiquonaishkung. The First Nation was first surveyed in 1853 and confirmed by
Order-in-Council in January of 1853. In 1907, an additional tract of land in the
Township of Wallbridge was added to the reserve to compensate for an error made
in the 1853 survey.
The flag is white with a central emblem depicting a coiled black whip inside which is a lake-side scene with a larger feather and a tree.