Last modified: 2019-07-04 by rick wyatt
Keywords: victorville | california | san bernardino county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image located by Dov Gutterman
The city flag is a blue city seal and the inscriptions Key City of the (above) High Desert (below), all on white. An animated flag is shown at http://ci.victorville.ca.us/mayor.html. Victorville is in San Bernardino County.
Dov Gutterman, 29 October 2002
Here is the description of the flag of the City of Victorville, California, from the City Code:
"1.06.050 - City flag.
(a) The city flag of the city of Victorville shall be rectangular in shape with the city seal centered on a white field. The words "KEY CITY OF THE" shall be printed in blue and shall appear above the blue and white version of the city logo. The words "HIGH DESERT" shall be printed in blue and shall appear below the city logo.
(b) The standard size of the city flag shall be five feet in width and three feet in length. The city seal shall be placed in the middle of the flag and shall have a diameter of twenty-two inches. Any reproduction in other than standard size shall maintain the same proportions as the standard size.
(c) No person shall use or allow to be used the city flag, or any cut, facsimile or reproduction of the flag, or make or use any design which is an imitation of the flag or of the design thereof, or which may be mistaken for the city flag or the design thereof for commercial purposes, or for any purpose other than for city purposes or for the purposes of any officer, board or department thereof, without the express consent of the city manager in accordance with this chapter.
(d) The city manager shall permit the use of the city flag by any person, corporation or organization ("applicant") which meets all of the following criteria:
(1) The use is in connection with an event or activity that has received a written endorsement of the city council pursuant to this chapter.
(2) The applicant agrees not to use or allow to be used the city flag for commercial purposes, or for any purpose other than for city purposes or for the purposes of any officer, board or department thereof, without the express written consent of the city manager.
(3) The applicant pays a fee, if applicable, in the amount set by resolution of the city council.
(4) Samples of all documents, goods and other materials upon which the city flag is to be used and objective evidence of good quality and workmanship is submitted so that the use of the city flag on the items does not discredit and impair the integrity of the flag in any manner.
(5) The applicant grants to the city the right, at all reasonable times, to inspect any item upon which the city flag is used in order that the city may verify that the flag is being used correctly in an unadulterated form.
(e) If the applicant breaches any of the criteria set forth above, the city may serve written notice of such breach upon the applicant with request to cure or the appropriate affirmative action in good faith to cure the breach within thirty days of the date of the notice. In the event the applicant fails to cure the breach to the satisfaction of the city, the city may terminate the user's permission to the use the city flag. Upon receipt of the notice from the city of such termination, the applicant shall immediately cease the prior permitted use and take all steps reasonably necessary to restrain the improper use of the city flag.
(Ord. 2033 § 1 (part), 2004)" - from: search.municode.com/html/16674/level3/VICAMUCO_TIT1GEPR_CH1.06ENEVFFSELOSLFL.html
Valentin Poposki, 8 January 2011
image located by Paul Bassinson, 30 May 2019