Last modified: 2018-04-11 by ivan sache
Keywords: gümüşhacıköy |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Gümüşhacıköy - Image by Tomislav Šipek, 5 January 2018
The municipality of Gümüşhacıköy (22,941 inhabitants in 2016, 14,450 in the town of Gümüşhacıköy; 65,400 ha) is located 80 km north-west of Amasya.
Ivan Sache, 5 January 2018
The flag of Gümüşhacıköy (photo) is white with the municipality's emblem. "Belediye Başkanlığı" means "Municipality Presidency".
The emblem features the bazaar, its entrance gate and the clock tower (photo).
The bazaar is located in the center of the town, south of the Köprülü
mosque. It was built by Köprülü Mehmed Pasha in 1660. The clock tower
was added via Ali Rıza Bey, the son of Yanyalı Mustafa Pasha.
Forming a long rectangle, the bazaar consists of vault-covered shops.
It is ornamented via high sharp belts consisting all sides of fronts
looking at the courtyard. The deep molding wrapping along the props in
the upper side gives special view also motıon to the inner part.
[Amasya unofficial website]
Tomislav Šipek & Ivan Sache, 5 January 2018