Last modified: 2014-06-14 by ian macdonald
Keywords: liquiçá |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
On the right and the left wall of the East Timor national parliament
are hanging traditional weavings, each with the name of one of the
districts. Each district has such a weaving
on the left and the right, but
there are not exactly the same, just similar.
J. Patrick Fischer, 08 August 2002
Some, not all, Portuguese overseas municipalities received arms and
flag in the period 1940-1974, after all metropolitan
municipalities got one. In Portuguese Timor overseas province only
Díli had a flag and a coat of arms, all other
12 municipalities (currently named districts)
being confirmedly flagless.
António Martins, 15 January 2003 and 06 August 2005