Last modified: 2018-12-19 by rob raeside
Keywords: luky |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Lúky (Hungarian: Lúki; in 1913 Alsórétfalu) was a Slovakian settlement
in the Trencsén (Slovakian: Trencín) County of Hungary till 1918/1920.
1920-1938 part of Czechoslovakia, 1939-1945 part of Slovakia, and 1945-1992
part of Czechoslovakia. The community Lúky (345 m) lies in the valley of
the river Biela Voda and borders the White Carpathians and Javorníky Mountains,
12 km south-west from Púchov. Lúky was first time mentioned in 1471. Cultural
monuments: the Apostle Bartholomew church, a former Gothic 15th-century
building established on the foundations of an older Romanesque church dating
back to 1228. Since 1937 there is a double-track railway named after General
M. R. Štefánik; the local station is called Lúky pod Makytou.
István Molnár, 23 Jun 2000