Last modified: 2015-07-19 by randy young
Keywords: triangle (pink) | triangle: up | nazi | canton | silence=death | act up | queer nation | hermaphrodite sign |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Tomislav Todorovic, 10 June 2015
Name "genderfluid" applies to the persons with a flexible - fluctuating gender identity. Not identifying themselves as strictly male or female, they are considered a subgroup of
genderqueer people, still they are considered distinctive enough to have a flag of their own. The genderfluid pride flag has five horizontal stripes. Their colors and meaning,
starting from the top, are as follows:
- pink: represents femininity;
- white: represents the lack of gender;
- purple: represents a combination of masculinity and femininity;
- black: represents all other gender identities distinctive from strict femininity or masculinity;
- blue: represents masculinity.
Source: Gender symbols at Wikipedia
Photos of genderfluid pride flag, taken at the 2005 Gay Pride in Columbus, Ohio, can be found here, here and here.
Tomislav Todorovic, 10 June 2015