Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: manowo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Since the middle of XIVth Century owned by the Glasenapp family.
Since 1870 to 1945 by the Hohenzollerns.
Lion share of the commune remained under Soviet military occupation into early 1950s.
In 1966, in the village of Bonin, the Potato Institute was created.
Soccer (football) team: Leśnik Rossa Manowo.
Arms adopted on May 26, 1994 (resolution # XXXIV/224/94)
Flag adopted later.
"Arms: on the gold shield a grey heron (Ardea cinerea - czapla siwa) in black, turned to the right and standinf on green triple hill."
The Arms designed by Ms. Ewa Jędrzejewska – Drygas, heraldic justification given by Mr.Marian Czerner.
Chrystian Kretowicz, 28 Nov 2008