Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: czaplinek |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
In 1286 Duke of Greater Poland, Prince Przemysław II invited the knights
of St.John of Jerusalem Order to settle the area.
About 1300 it became a part of Brandenburg.
During WWII, site of the large camp for the Soviet POWs. Was part of "Pommersche Seenstelung" - Pomeranian Wall, defended by the SS units and taken, after heavy battle, by the Polish 3rd Infantry Division on March 3, 1945.
Main industries now are electronics and tourism. Site of an annual reunion of the Harley Davidson enthusiasts.
Arms and the new flag adopted on April 26, 2005; (resolution # XXIX/227/05).
Arms and flag designed by Alfred Znamierowski (concept - Jerzy Jan Nalecz)
"Arms: on a blue shield white defensive wall with three towers and golden
On the middle, shortest tower a golden cattle egret (Bubulcus ibis) is standing.
Flag: rectangular piece of cloth in the ratio 5:8 composed of three
uneven horizontal bands:
* yellow - 2/5 of the length of the flag
* blue - 1/5 of the length of the flag
* white - 2/5 of the length of the flag
The flag for the ceremonial and official use has the Arms displayed in
Chrystian Kretowicz, 26 Nov 2008
Flag adopted in 1990. Czaplinek is in Drawsko Pomorskie county. German:
Gunnar Staack, 30 Aug 2000